The Different Types of Hair Removal
Hair Removal Electrolysis
Although home devices are available, Electrolysis should ideally, always be performed by a trained professional.
Since there is a risk of scarring and infection, and very little if any benefit over Laser Hair Removal, Dr.Wagner does not offer this treatment.
In general, electrolysis is cheaper than laser hair removal treatments with starting prices from 40 CHF for a 10-minute session but remember that you will need far more sessions, and these will be arranged based on the ability of your skin to heal from the previous session.
The greatest benefit is that it removes hair permanently. However, it does not stop new hairs coming back in follicles that have not produced a hair before.
Electrolysis is more suited to smaller areas.
Works on all skin tones and hair colours.
- Not pain free! Advanced technology used today has improved the comfort of Electrolysis, however it is still quite uncomfortable.
- The most common side effects are tenderness, redness, and some swelling.
- Treatments carried out at home or by non-trained therapists can cause infection and permanent scarring.
- The costs for larger body areas such as legs increases significantly and does not offer the same benefits as Laser Hair Removal.
- Time Consuming. – Each hair must be zapped individually.
- There is a permanent effect on treated hairs, however new hairs can come back in follicles that have not produced hair before. It is only suitable on very small areas.